what do you serve for thanksgiving dinner?

Happy Friday!

I must tell you, I’ve been having a great week! Earlier this week I launched my new Happy Halloween printable, and I must say it is super sweet. You must check it out if you haven’t already (psst, it’s still on sale for 50% OFF!). I also won tickets to go see Dragonette tonight in Toronto. So I’m off to a concert tonight and I’m super excited about that! You should also check out Dragonette, they freaking rock!

And tomorrow I’m off to the beach with my family to close up for the season, which is kinda sad, but it’s been a great season! But I didn’t want to leave for the weekend without asking you dear readers, a question.

Canadian Thanksgiving is just around the corner! So of course, I’m working on some printables for Thanksgiving and would love your input! I always look forward to our annual Thanksgiving turkey dinner with all the trimmings! Stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade cranberry jelly, sweet potato and apple bake, carrot and turnip mash, and homemade pumpkin pie. Mmm yum, I am salivating just thinking about it! A wonderful celebration of harvest and thanks with those I am most thankful for, my husband and my girls.

So my question to you is: what are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?

I’d really like to prefill my Thanksgiving tent cards with your favorite Thanksgiving dishes so you can just print, cut and decorate your Thanksgiving table, easy peasy pudding pie! And because I am ever so thankful for my readers and customers, I want to give away a few sets of printables, or 12! If you tell me what your favorite dish is in the comments below or on my Facebook page, and if I pick your dish, I’ll give you the entire Thanksgiving printable set as a gift! You can tell me what your favorite dish is simple and straight up (like Mashed Potatoes) or with a fantastically descriptive title (like Double Butter Whipped Mashed Potatoes) just as long as you tell me 🙂

So tell me, what are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?

Tags: ,

16 Responses to “what do you serve for thanksgiving dinner?”

1. Kristine says:

My favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is every side dish, not a fan of the turkey but definitely all that goes with it, especially homemade stuffing.
    Mmmmmm, this year I am doing Thanksgiving twice so double the goodness 😉

2. Tracey says:

Hi Kristine!

Thanks for dropping by to let me know what Thanksgiving dishes you love! Homemade stuffing is one of my favorites too! I use my great-grandma’s stuffing recipe which was passed down to my Grandma to my mom to me. So yummy! Goodness, I can’t wait for next weekend! Lucky you two Thanksgiving dinners, double the goodness for sure!

3. Emma says:

Well I’m a vegetarian so I don’t cook a turkey, but we always have a huge assortment of dishes & side dishes depending on who is coming to dinner (aka carnivores) including but not limited to; turnip, green beans, salad, red cabbage (Danish family speciality!), cheese sticks, garlic mashed potatos, roasted root veggies… .shall I go on?

4. Nicole says:

I love mashed potatoes with lots of butter, tarragon, salt and pepper. To share a short story, one year I agreed to make the mashed potatos for dinner at my cousins house. I made the potatos at home and wrapped the bowl super tight, with plasticwrap then tin foil, in a couple dish towels, to keep hot for the 45 minute drive. By the time we arrived, I unwrapped the bowl of potatos to find a bowl of potato soup. I wrapped the bowl so tight, all the steam & condensation made soup. Needless to say, I wasvery embarrassed with my seriously foodie family. Oh well!

5. Tracey says:

Thanks for dropping by Emma!!! The roasted root vegetables made me go yum! As did the red cabbage. We make a German red cabbage saute with onion, bacon and red wine, not so veggie friendlt but oh so good! I do go gaga over a good turnip mash too, somethin about those root veggies!

6. Tracey says:

Hi Nicole!!! Mashed potatoes with tarragon sounds delish! I’m going to have to try that, I have never thought to combine tarragon and potato. Your story is hilarious (sorry)! Oh my goodness, I bet the ‘soup’ was yummy though!

7. Shannon Gammon says:

It is so hard to decide! I love everything! lol. I would have to say that my favorite dish is Caramelized Yams with Toasted Marshmallows:) They are so good! I never liked yams before but when i tried these..I had to make them every Year after that!

8. Tracey says:

Oooh Shannon that was a family fave for us last year too! I made it for the first time last year and oh goodness it was yummy! It was the only “vegetable” dish that my nephews have ever asked for seconds of! My husband thought I was crazy laying out all those mini marshmallows, which is always a good barometer for me being on the right track 😉 That is such a good one, thanks for coming by and refreshing my memory of that yummy dish! I”m with you though, I love everything about Thanksgiving dinner, it’s hard to pick a favorite!

9. Ian says:

I like cranberry jam, home made from real berries. Preparation is so easy, even I can do it. The yams & shmallows are good.

10. Tracey says:

Mmmm I love your homemade cranberry jelly 🙂

11. Sweet Potato pie all the way!!

12. Tracey says:

Thanks for coming by Melissa! It seems those sweet potatoes are taking the lead! Do you put marshmallows on your sweet potato pie?

13. […] Late last week I put out a call to all my readers and friends (all of you!) on Facebook asking, what are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes? I found that sweet potato pie/casserole, as long as it had marshmallows was the winner above all […]

14. Ellen says:

Ok try this one for size…I do the marshmello yams or sweetpotato with a twist.

Mash your potatos

Add whole cooked cranberries
    Drained crushed pinapple.
    pecans or walnuts (chopped)
    Brown sugar
    a pat or two of butter.
    sprinkle of nutmeg

Sometimes i through other things in it but that is the basics..My kids have know idea that it is a vegtable. my Dad calls it “desert”. Which I guess it could be considered. It has alway been a HUGE hit with everyone who tried it.

15. Ellen says:

Opps I forgot to add top with mini marshmellos and bake. (I didn’t list any amount sinceI just throgh in what I like you can do it to your taste it will come out yummy either way!)

16. Tracey says:

Oh. My. Goodness. That sounds delish! I agree with your dad, a side dish that sounds like dessert. I will have to make that one for the nephews! Thanks for sharing Ellen!